Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday Sunflowers, 12116, Oil Floral by Nancy Standlee Contemporary Texas Artist

Saturday Sunflowers, 12116
14x11x1.5" Oil Floral, on gallery wrapped canvas, no frame needed

See at my online gallery at Daily Paintworks
There is a nice perk now at Daily Paintworks. If you purchase a painting you have 4 chances in 30 days to win a featured artists painting. Check out the Artist Spotlight and Giveaway icon.

Last Saturday we were painting Saturday Sunflowers in the Nancy Medina Workshop in Irving. This Saturday finds me still trying to get my workshop notes typed and eventually some color charts. I'm making some progress with a 3 ring notebook (and who doesn't like to buy school supplies) and gessoed some watercolor paper for adding some color notes. It may not last as I've tried this several times but get busy and the notebook goes to the bottom of the stack but I know I would benefit. With 4 other oil workshops coming up (no make that 5 because I signed up for Nancy's November one, I expect I would remember more if I could make a few pages to jog the color memory. 

What did last was the memory of Nancy's good coffee in the Keurig coffee maker she brought to share. The Keurig experience was new to me and by watching other students in the break room I learned how this amazing coffee maker works. This week I've been coffee maker shopping and this morning enjoying a Tully's French Roast.  So who doesn't like to buy art supplies and coffee?

Here is a photo of the flower table for us to prepare our own arrangements and look at that spacious room, always a beautiful sight - space.
Here is my personal set up and each student was painting from one at their table in the P.M. Nancy requested we take a photo after we got a layer of transparent color down but I think I got too involved in the painting and forgot so here is the beginning and at the top, the finished painting.

 TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL STILL LIFE,  ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE , FINE ART,  DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, SUNFLOWER OIL FLORAL, FLOWERS IN OIL,

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest


No comments: