Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Heartache Cure 13048, Acrylic Floral Painting with Graphite, Workshop with Robert Burridge at the Wenmohs Ranch and Art Journals by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee


Heartache Cure 13048
30x20 in. Acrylic, graphite, black line work on gallery wrapped canvas

I'm not posting these paintings in the order painted in the Robert Burridge workshop at the Wenmoh's Ranch last week. But more like which one strikes me as needing to be posted. This one covered a blue painting that can be seen here..Nothing but Blue Skies. http://nancystandlee.blogspot.com/2011/08/robert-burridge-workshop-wenmohs-ranch.html and if no one buys it in a reasonable length of time, it will be covered over again. Really interesting colors and texture begins to build up with each new application of paint.

Just got word that Turn Left on Bird Lane sold and will be going to an art collector in California. Thank you.

 Because of several different reasons, I'm beginning to think about art journaling again. Today I filled up a Schmincke enamel travel pan (about 5x3" closed) and will leave it open until the colors begin to dry out. In the photo I show a travel brush, Connoisseur Kolinsky pocket brush I bought in Tucson last year. I do not remember where or when I got the empty pan as I've had it a long time. It is just so easy to use the filled cake pans. I'm a push over for little travel pans of watercolor and brushes. I've started a new board about some pages from my journals on Pinterest.http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/art-journalssketchbookssupplies/
Why do I like journals so much? Because they are so much fun to go back and read. Here's a page from November 2003 of my granddaughter, Grace, when she was 6 months old. I would have never remembered her pink bunny had I not recorded it. I read this page to her on her last birthday "She is full of smiles and has one for you" and in very plain words she has requested this book when I pass on. In fact, she said "I want that book" and I said "It's yours when I die" and she says "When will that be?"  lol.. (I used stamps for her name)
Here is a double page spread from a Corpus Christi workshop with my friend, Robert Burridge October 2008 and I cut out names and addresses of places I ate. The flowers were painted with acrylic. I use any medium, glue, stamp, just anything goes in my recordings of my life. I've been lax about writing and I want to fire it back up. 


You might be interested to catch Don Getz in one of his travels around the country for a class. If you can't join him for a class maybe you'd like to follow along with his blog. I hope to take a one day next week if at all possible. 
If it makes, I will be teaching a one day journaling class this summer. Information is on my website.
Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.

CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, PAINTINGS FOR SALE, DAILY PAINTWORKS, FLORAL PAINTING. MIXED MEDIA FLORAL ABSTRACT, TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, ACRYLIC MIXED MEDIA TEXTURED ABSTRACT PAINTING, ARTISTS OF TEXAS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, NANCY STANDLEE ART, ROBERT BURRIDGE, DENA WENMOHS, PINTEREST. ART JOURNALING, PAINT BOXES, TRAVEL PALETTES,

1 comment:

Gwenn said...

Your work is SO beautiful! A treat to see ...