Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Turn Left on Bird Lane 13043, Acrylic Figurative Painting with Collage, Workshop with Robert Burridge at the Wenmohs Ranch by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

Turn Left on Bird Lane 13043
14x11 acrylic, collage, stencil on gallery wrapped canvas

On the last post I reported some about the Robert Burridge workshop at the Wenmohs Ranch and the painting above is from day 2 when we got into color. The first day was black and white and one color. This has an oriental feel to me with a Texas title. I thought of my paintings as a group and pretended to have a solo show on Friday with the theme of "Friday Night Date". When driving down US 281 I know I'm getting close to Dena's when my GPS "Sugar Foot" says turn left on Bird Lane. All my titles for the week all have something to do with dating and the ranch area. Another reason is Cupid's arrows are raining down on that area at the present. 
And speaking of Cupid, hmmmm, here is our hostess, Dena making early preparations for our lunch of posole. She has a little trick when she chops onions using swimming goggles to keep those eyes ready for winking. We usually have our morning coffee with the lunch aroma in the background. She feeds us some great lunches and we paint until the last minute, walk up to the main house, eat, and head back to the barn studio and paint until wine time..whenever that is.


Bob is usually surrounded by students trying to catch his vibes but I caught him in this shot deep in his painting and I think most of us were back at our tables doing the same. I might mention again that he has a free newsletter that you can read archived copies or sign up to receive them in your inbox with the latest information on products. Go to his website and look for the ArtsyFartsy News. Notice how clean his painting area is. He tells us to remove everything that doesn't serve us. How I need to remember this.


Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.

CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, PAINTINGS FOR SALE, DAILY PAINTWORKS, FIGURATIVE PAINTING. MIXED MEDIA FIGURATIVE ABSTRACT, TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, ACRYLIC MIXED MEDIA TEXTURED ABSTRACT PAINTING, ARTISTS OF TEXAS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, NANCY STANDLEE ART, ROBERT BURRIDGE, DENA WENMOHS, PINTEREST

No comments: