Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Altered Book ~ Art Journaling Workshop ~ Love Your LIfe ~ Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee


Book Used: Women's Health approx 8 x 11 altered page with gesso, acrylic fluid and tube paints, scraffito, graphite, china marker, permanent marker, collage with a stamp I made and stamped on newspaper.
I was supposed to be doing anything but this today but I've become so excited about the workshop at Dena's Ranch in July I could not stay away from this altered book today. You are invited to join us at workshop at Dena's near Marble Falls and there will be two three day sessions, first one July 19, 20, 21 and the second will be 23, 24, and 25. Beginners welcome. We will discuss altered books one day and we will work in an inexpensive used book, tear out pages, gesso pages, paint in it and experiment in it similar to working in a new blank journal. It's just another way to journal. The first two days we will use traditional watercolor techniques.

Dena has just recently added the 2nd session which will come first and if it doesn't fill I thought that we could go into Marble Falls and eat pie at the Blue Bonnet Cafe. Carol Nelson mentioned on Facebook "It's always nice to have a backup plan involving pie."
We will discuss and experiment with making some of our own stamps quickly and working small. I made this one this morning and stamped it on newsprint. I have always like the addition of newsprint in a collage. Nothing involved or fancy. I have those stamp making supplies with Master Carve but it would take too long and we need to experiment with several techniques that doesn't involve cutting with Exacto knives. If you would like more information, contact Dena at dena@wenmohsranch.com or
call 830 825-3465.


Please visit my web site and comment on my blog:

BLOG.............Nancy Standlee Art Blog

WEB SITE ........Nancy Standlee

WEB SITE ........Canvas By Canvas


ARLINGTON TEXAS ~ ARTIST NANCY STANDLEE ~ DAILY PAINTER ~
CONTEMPORARY ~ WATERCOLOR ~ ACRYLIC ~ COLLAGE ~ GOUACHE
ABSTRACT ~ EXPRESSIONIST ~ ART FOR SALE ~ FIGURATIVE ~ MIXED MEDIA ~ ALTERED BOOKS

Contact NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

10 comments:

dominique eichi said...

What a fabulous piece. I love the feel of spontaneity it has.

Nancy Standlee said...

Wow.. that was fast I've just got it published after about 3 tries with corrections. Thanks so much.

dominique eichi said...

I was just online. To answer your question about Oil. I just started working with oil (I am an Acrylic, Pastel or whatever ) kind of gal.
I was told just go for regular Oil I use Winton and use odorless turpentine. It feels like you can blend easier than acrylic. But with Acrylic the instant dry is what I like.

Nancy Standlee said...

I really like your work. Maybe someday I will try oils.

elljay said...

Nancy, I really like your blog a lot and your continuous discover of new things, your subject matter and use of color. The lady in this journal painting is breathtaking.

Linda Jacks
exiled Texan

elljay said...

I'm a huge fan of your blog and your continuous discovery of new things. Your use of color in this journal painting is breathtaking.

Linda Jacks
exiled Texas

Nancy Standlee said...

Linda, some how there is two posts and I posted both since they were so nice..thanks a bunch. Come back for a visit any time.

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Natasha.. I like your sunflowers on your web site also.

joanieART said...

Hi Nancy, Love your blog and your generous sharings of the plethora of workshops you attend. This face is fab, i love faces, too!!! Keep up the great work. : )

Nancy Standlee said...

BMoon.. thanks for your open acrylics review. I've been considering them and have purchased several books on water based oils. I like your women also.