Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Goats to the Barn" ` Mixed Media Collage with Painted Papers ~ Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee

"Goats to the Barn"
11 x 14" collage with acrylic and oriental papers painted and stained

This piece will be seen at the Arlington Museum of Art Show, Artist Showcase Show, October 1-29, 2010.

If any of my readers are interested in trying some collage, this short video will certainly be interesting to you.

Derek Gores
You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7KU67V0OEk

Other collage artists to check are:

Wanda Edwards
http://wonderwanda.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson

Vhils

If you like figures with your collage then Liz Hill is your artist. Some of her work is featured in Flair Magazine. You may view a copy online by clicking Flairmag.net.

If you know of other collage links send them to me and I will post.

BLOG.............Nancy Standlee Art Blog

WEB SITE ........Nancy Standlee

WEB SITE ........Canvas By Canvas


ARLINGTON TEXAS ~ ARTIST NANCY STANDLEE ~ DAILY PAINTER ~ TORN PAPER PAINTINGS ~ STAINED PAPER ~
CONTEMPORARY ~ WATERCOLOR ~ ACRYLIC ~ COLLAGE ART ~ PAINTED PAPERS ~ PAPER PAINTINGS ~ GOUACHE
ABSTRACT ~ EXPRESSIONIST ~ ART FOR SALE ~ FIGURATIVE ~ MIXED MEDIA ~ ALTERED BOOKS ~ ACRYLIC TORN PAPER ART
~ ART JOURNALING WORKSHOPS ~ ART JOURNALS ~ SKETCHBOOK JOURNALS

Contact NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

7 comments:

devotedmomof7 said...

I love this, Nancy! We raised Nubian goats when the kids were little. They are so precious. It's really interesting to look at and there is more than one interpretation. At first, I thought it was two rabbits facing each other. When I read the title, I looked at it again and now I see his beautiful sunlit face. It's GREAT!

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks... the goat has been "adjusted some" and I'm heading outside to take about the 10th photo after many fixes... now the eyes are truly becoming 3D I've got so many layers on them.

Eva said...

Cool! I too thought it was two rabbits, but my eyes fooled me. It is like a Gestalt. Thanks for the links.

Nancy Standlee said...

OMGosh, Eva.. I'll have to post the revised goat soon.. I've worked on his eye but I may have to work on defining other areas also.. thanks for the help.

devotedmomof7 said...

No revision necessary IMHO!

Eva said...

Nancy, I think your goat is great, I believe it's my monitor that can't see the value change at the top of the head. I love what you've done! Please don't mess with a good thing.

Nancy Standlee said...

I've just posted the revised goat on the Marketplace blog.. see what you think. I've reworked his right eye it may be 1/4" taller.
http://marketplace-daily-art.blogspot.com/2010/09/mixed-media-painted-paper-collage-goats.html