Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mixed Media Painted Paper Collage ~ "Jessie" ` Grand Prairie Arts Council Show by Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee



"Jessie"
15" x 22" Watercolor, acrylic, charcoal on paper NFS

This mixed media (watercolor, acrylic, collage with painted papers) is on display at the Grand Prairie Memorial Library until Saturday, September 25, 10 am. I had two paintings accepted in the Grand Prairie Arts Council Annual Juried Art Show and Sale. I had posted her previously HERE. (click on link)

This is a not so good photo with the frame. I do not have my technique down for taking a photo after the painting is framed but I wanted to tell you about Franken Frames.
Franken Frames is a small Tennessee company that will make your frame to order, gives excellent service and as I found out today extremely good packing. I felt like it was magic show time as I pulled out paper after paper packing for the floater frames for two collages that will go to the AMA show. Call Roger to ask for a catalog 1-800-322-5899.

Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas
30 x 24 in.
This is the other painting I have in the Grand Prairie show. The opening reception was Sunday and was well attended.


BLOG.............Nancy Standlee Art Blog

WEB SITE ........Nancy Standlee

WEB SITE ........Canvas By Canvas


ARLINGTON TEXAS ~ ARTIST NANCY STANDLEE ~ DAILY PAINTER ~ TORN PAPER PAINTINGS ~ STAINED PAPER ~
CONTEMPORARY ~ WATERCOLOR ~ ACRYLIC ~ COLLAGE ART ~ PAINTED PAPERS ~ PAPER PAINTINGS ~ GOUACHE
ABSTRACT ~ EXPRESSIONIST ~ ART FOR SALE ~ FIGURATIVE ~ MIXED MEDIA ~ ALTERED BOOKS ~ ACRYLIC TORN PAPER ART
~ ART JOURNALING WORKSHOPS ~ ART JOURNALS ~ SKETCHBOOK JOURNALS

Contact NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Art Journaling Workshop “Love Your Life” with Nancy Standlee

Three Day November 6-8, 2010 Saturday, Sunday, Monday 9:30 – 4:30

The Upstairs Gallery

1038 W. Abram

Arlington, TX 76013

Contact: J. T. Martin 817 277-6961 to register or

info@upstairsartgallery.com

11 comments:

jgr said...

Jessie is gorgeous!! Also, thank you for the frame info.

Eva said...

Jessie is a wonderful painting. I can see why your work got into the show.

Nancy Standlee said...

JGR, thanks and my fourth frame from them arrived this week. Eve, nice to see you and glad you like the painting. It is one of my favs and NFS since I doubt that I could do it again!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

These are terrific! I'm so glad I found your blog. I'll be back to see what you're up to.

Nancy Standlee said...

Elizabeth, thanks for the comments and I'm always up to an experiment mostly in mixed media.

HeartFire said...

Nancy, That's a gorgeous collage, Jessie... wonderful colors, shapes.
Delorse

Nancy Standlee said...

Thank you Delorse.

Holly Hunter Berry said...

Nancy, beautiful work...long time since we were "roomies" at the bunk house!!!
Thanks for posting info about the framer, been looking for one!

Nancy Standlee said...

Hi Roomie..Holly, watch the blog and sometime this week I'll show my two most recent frames after I get them ready. I'm scheduled to teach there in May and then take from Burridge in August so we may be wearing wet towels around our necks again in August.

RH Carpenter said...

That top painting is absolutely gorgeous!!

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Rhonda.. that was after I'd taken a Liz Hill workshop in Houston. That woman is amazing and since I don't think I'll ever be able to duplicate "Jessie", she is NFS. In fact I need to pick her up from a show this morning and it is pouring down rain here in TX..not good for framed watercolors!