Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Monday, March 7, 2011

Goofy Bird 2 ~ Robert Burridge Workshop ~ Dallas ~ Nancy Standlee Texas Daily Painter

"Goofy Bird 2"
7 1/2 x 11 in acrylic skins collage on watercolor paper

Check out my previous post HERE where I discussed the process for using these skins from your painting palette in the Robert Burridge Workshop in Dallas. This piece is highly textured and it just makes you want to have a messy palette to have more dried "skins". Bob is in Pensacola this morning for another 5 day workshop and I'm having my coffee and thinking about what a great painting experience those students are going to have. Bob is in Texas several times this year and his next Texas workshop will be in Granbury, Texas, April 11-15, 2011 and you know what? My friends will not be surprised but I'm already packed since I use big plastic tubs to haul my workshop "stuff" in and it's still on the couch ready to go from the Dallas trip. (Sometimes I won't let them come in just meet me in the front yard!) I use the back of my Rav 4 as a big art supply store with extra canvases and paper and maybe a Christmas fruitcake or two close by. I was telling some of the group in Dallas that we had some pretty bad weather in January and February and if and when I was ever stranded in an ice flow or snowdrift, I would be the most popular girl passing our fruitcake "food" to starving and cold fellow travelers (since my Christmas fruitcake is still in the passenger side floorboard.) In August, when Bob gets to Dena's Ranch, we may have to put this cake under refrigeration or soak it in a tasty beverage.

BLOG:...............http://NancyStandlee.blogspot.com


WEBSITE:.........http://NancyStandlee.com

WEBSITE:.........http://CanvasbyCanvas.com


PAINTED PAPER COLLAGE PAINTINGS ~ TORN PAPER PAINTINGS ~ WATERMEDIA ~
COLLAGE ART ~ MIXED MEDIA TEXTURED ABSTRACT PAINTING ~ ACRYLIC SKINS
~ TEXAS DAILY PAINTER
~ NANCY STANDLEE CONTEMPORARY ART ~


Contact NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

6 comments:

Connie Michael said...

Neat-o, Nancy! This is such an interesting technique.

Nancy Standlee said...

Nothing is wasted now.. no excuses..all your junk mail and old dried paint..what a concept. However, his head dress was a special piece image I copied.

Anonymous said...

I love it! It is full of energy and life. A very interesting concept! Connie

Nancy Standlee said...

I agree, Connie. I might not have attempted it IF I hadn't seen Bob ripping up his palette leftovers. It was quick, easy, and a good use of leftover paint.

Suzy Pal Powell said...

sounds like you had a great memorable week! he must really be an outstanding teacher for you to do so much, and keep going back. your bird is so cute, i think he belongs in a childs room, or a kids hospital, dr.office.

Nancy Standlee said...

Suzy, I think he's probably the best teacher I've had in relation to energy and sharing his techniques and philosophy. Watch for his name..good things are going to happen. He's in his first museum and others are calling now.