Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Madame Nancy Matisse 12003, 12x12, acrylic self portrait after Matisse, by Texas Contemporary artist Nancy Standlee

"Madame Nancy Matisse" 12003
12X12 acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas

OK, I was just having some fun here after I saw some Facebook posts and especially one by my friend, Kathleen Elsey, and one thing led to another, and finally led to the above painting. I've always loved Madame Matisse with the green line down her nose so I used my face with some other Madame Matisse looks. Kathleen, a Fauve painter, is from California and I've traveled to Santa Barbara and Sonoma to take her workshops, and she says I think I'll add this feature to my workshops "Paint a Green Line Day". You can see our class Sonoma photograph HERE, plus the list of upcoming workshops and a very detailed supply list.

City History  sold
As much as I love vibrant, exaggerated colors and loose brushstrokes, I enjoy the neutrals with texture also. I sold this painting this week and then received a lot of favorable comments on Facebook about the time I was ready to paint it red. So with that in mind here is another neutral listed on my Gallery at Daily Paintworks

Ancient City Myths 11043
10x10 acrylic and lots of texture on canvas

I'm having so much fun on Pinterest and here is my BOARD link.
It's an invitation only deal and they say request an invite from them but I don't see where on the site but one area and I've left several comments/questions there and have never heard anything so IF you'd like to have an invitation, send me your email and I'll invite you. There is a follow me button at the top of my blog that you will see everything I pin. Right now I'm mostly pinning art but I can see where it could be easy to spend a lot of hours there checking out some beautiful everything.

CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, PAINTINGS FOR SALE, DAILY PAINTWORKS, FIGURATIVE PAINTING. MIXED MEDIA FIGURATIVE ABSTRACT, TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, ACRYLIC MIXED MEDIA TEXTURED ABSTRACT PAINTING, DAILY PAINTWORKS AUCTION. ARTISTS OF TEXAS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, NANCY STANDLEE ART, DAILY PAINTERS ABSTRACT GALLERY, PINTEREST

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net




No comments: