Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pump Up the Volume 12091 Torn Paper Collage Mixed Media Floral Painting by Texas Collage Artist Nancy Standlee

"Pump Up the Volume", 12091
36"x24" mixed media floral with collage on gallery wrapped canvas

See at my online gallery at Daily Paintworks

There is a nice perk now at Daily Paintworks. If you purchase a painting you have 4 chances in 30 days to win a featured artists painting. Check out the Artist Spotlight and Giveaway icon.

Something a little new for me, mixing a floral with the torn paper collage, The vase and some of the background is collage and the flowers are painted with a textural medium and acrylic paint with some collage, acrylic skins, some charcoal. The edges are painted a neutral gray. I'd been in a Kandinsky circle mood again and I've ordered more of his books. This one would have fit in nicely with the new book just out, Painting with Mixed Media by Paula Guhin. Three of my paintings are included in the book.
This will be one of my three entries for the curated Arlington Museum of Art Show, August 15-September 21. Save the date and read more about it HERE.http://arlingtonmuseum.org/exhibitions/heartbeat-invitational-exhibition-of-art/

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, TORN PAPER COLLAGE PAINTING, COLLAGE ART, PAINTED PAPER COLLAGE PAINTINGS, MIXED MEDIA PAINTING, ABSTRACT PAINTING, STAINED PAPER PAINTING, CONTEMPORARY FINE ART, ACRYLIC PAINTING. ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT ACRYLIC PAINTING, FINE ART, DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST. COLLAGE ARTIST, TORN PAPER FLORAL COLLAGE, PAPER PAINTINGS


BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest



9 comments:

Cheryl Houston said...

This one speaks to me. You've been so busy!! :-)

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Cheryl and nice to see your happiness on FB.

Egretta Wells blog said...

I love this! It reminds me so much of yo-yo's, as in a yo-yo quilt! Pretty.

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Egretta. Yo-yo's are great and I love quilts.

Carol Steinberg said...

So fun and pretty!

Carol Steinberg said...

So fun and pretty! (I had to re-type this 4 times because of the captcha!)

Nancy Standlee said...

Carol Steinbert I HATE captcha and I have a very hard time seeing them so I've turned it off and see how much spam I get and I may have to turn it back on..we'll see.. thanks for your endurance.

Fay Terry said...

This collage is wonderful, Nancy. You have many talents.

Unknown said...

There's so much to see, really see in this beautiful art. Wow. Very inspirational. Time for coffee n cake to study it for longer. Thank you for passing on happiness, Nancy.
Helen UK