Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Dreama Tolle Perry Oil Workshop, Day 3, "French Umbrellas" Oil Painting, Lexington KY and a One Day Art Journal Workshop by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

"French Umbrellas" 13054
12x12 Oil Ampersand Gessobord Panel

If you have been following this blog you know I've just returned from a Dreama Tolle Perry workshop in Lexington, KY and this is the day 3 painting. She made this look sooo easy and these umbrellas were hard to do and made for staying late after class then trying again later on an 8x10. Day 4 we were to paint something on our own and I tried a single umbrella on the 8x10 and watched her demo in the P.M. of painting her cat, Eddie. (I'm not so ready for a cat painting.) 
The day our group caught the flight home to DFW Dreama was heading to France for 10 days to meet up with 16 students. If you enjoy journaling, Dreama has invited you to follow along in your journal. Here is one of my recent posts copying hers.

Hanging out at a restaurant while my dilated eyes get under control and sketching and painting my food. If you are in the area I'm giving a one day art journal workshop Saturday June 29 at Dutch Art in Dallas but I need a few more students for it to make. Dick Blick has sent a great door prize and so has Strathmore.. (hint, markers and journals) sign up on my website at http://nancystandlee.com

Congratulations to the art collector in Maine who purchased French Window that I posted yesterday.
SOLD &

Here are the 4 paintings that I will feature this week at my online gallery at Daily Paintworks. Click on the word HERE below each painting to read more about the painting.





Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.


contact: NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Texas Daily Painter, Oil painting, small oil landscape, architecture, French umbrellas, Artists of Texas, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks, Contemporary Fine Arts International, Pinterest, Canvas by Canvas, Ampersand Gessobord, Square Painting, Dreama Tolle Perry Workshop, Check Advantage, journal, watercolor journals, one day watercolor journal workshop, Dutch Art Gallery, Dallas, TX.




No comments: