Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Maverick Soup 13011, Water Mixable Oil, 6x6, for the Leslie Saeta Painting Challenge, Day 11 of 30, by Nancy Standlee Texas Artist

Maverick Soup
Oil 6x6 in.
$75

Why the strange title? Friday was a perfect afternoon when I visited UTA to see two of my grand's dorm rooms and walk the campus to see where they will be hanging out this next semester. UTA has the nickname of the Mavericks since 1971 and back in the 50's when I was at Tarleton State in Stephenville, TX they were Arlington State College and our biggest rivals and we knew them as "Beat NTAC"). 
Soup is always good winter meal and I enjoyed a bowl yesterday with these grands in the University Center. Painted with water mixable oils on Ampersand Gessobord, 6x6.

Grannie and the Grands (Matt and Courtney)

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL STILL LIFE, ARTISTS OF TEXAS, BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, FINE ART, DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, LESLIE SAETA,

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net
Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest




2 comments:

Cheryl Houston said...

You have got to be the coolest Granny ever!

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Cheryl.. how's married life treating you? Yesterday was a big deal in my life..so glad I got to see the day.