Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Etsy, NancyStandleeArt, Torn Paper Collage Paper Painting, Good Coffee 13073, Day 10, 30 Paintings in 30 Days September 2013 Leslie Saeta Challenge by Texas Collage Artist Nancy Standlee

Good Coffee 13073
12x12x1 1/2" gallery wrapped canvas

This torn paper collage has some hand painted papers and some papers from vintage magazines from the 1930's and a few vintage stamps. The papers are applied on a gallery wrapped canvas with deep sides ready to frame so there is no additional framing needed and it is wired for hanging. 

I have written an ArtByte about the process of torn paper collage for the Daily Paintworks site and it is being edited at the moment and will be available soon with more than 50 images. An ArtByte is a small online tutorial that may be free or it's very affordable. Mine will be very affordable. Here is the web address and browse and download some of the free ones by Carol Marine or another favorite artist such as Julie Ford Oliver that will explain some of the tools she uses in an oil painting technique. There are several very good free ArtBytes that are filled with information. When you get to the Daily Paintworks web page, look under tutorials. Here is my online gallery at Daily Paintworks.

I've decided to open a shop at Etsy as I will be adding some small watercolors soon. The shop has limited paintings right now but I will load more as I have time. http://www.etsy.com/shop/NancyStandleeArt

Collage commission delivery to Whitney: See blog post HERE:





 Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.




Texas Daily Painter, Torn Paper Collage Painting, small paper painting, square format, coffee collage, paper collage, mixed media art,  Artists of Texas, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks, Pinterest, Canvas by Canvas, gallery wrapped canvas, Square Painting, Check Advantage, Leslie Saeta 30/30 challenge, Etsy, NancyStandleeArt,

6 comments:

Elena Katsyura said...

Dear Nancy, I love your collages! They are unique, beautiful and original! I work with my little students (kids), and always in a search of what to do next. Can I use the idea of paper collages on my lessons? I think they'll love it too!

Barbara Hackney said...

Love your commission Nancy, I know she was pleased. Also like the coffee cup on todays 30, 30 challenge especially the edging around the spoon, clever!

Nancy Standlee said...

Certainly, Elena, I have a friend that is using some in her special education classes in Dallas. I think they will love doing them. I will have an artbyte out soon and it will go into more depth on my techniques. I will post it on my blog when it is available.

Nancy Standlee said...

Thanks Barbara. That spoon edging was a little challenging.

Patricia Awapara said...

Nancy, Congratulations on your commissioned! It looks beautiful :D
Fantastic work!

Sandy said...

Love this Nancy! I have noticed your other work that you have been posting here on the 30 day challenge too. Love it.