Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Monday, September 9, 2013

Torn Paper Collage, Dream Big 13058, High Heel Shoe, Leslie Saeta September 30/30 Challenge, Day 9 by Texas Collage Artist Nancy Standlee

Dream Big 13058
12" Torn Paper Painting

Painted Day 9 of the September Leslie Saeta 30/30 challenge (paint 30 paintings in 30 days) 

This was started for a workshop demo  See this post HERE and I was inspired by some colors Leslie Saeta chose for her beach house renovation. These are magazine papers and some of my collages use hand painted paper.  I recently varnished and added the wire so it's ready to be mailed to a new owner. On many collage sizes it is impossible to produce one a day but I had this one well under way from the workshop and just finished it up with varnish and the hanging device. Leslie has challenged us to paint 30 paintings in 30 days and I'm starting out by tearing paper for part of my entries and varnishing and completing some work.

I have written an ArtByte about the process of torn paper collage for the Daily Paintworks site and it is being edited at the moment and will be available soon with more than 50 images. An ArtByte is a small online tutorial that may be free or it's very affordable. Mine will be very affordable. Here is the web address and browse and download some of the free ones by Carol Marine or another favorite artist such as Julie Ford Oliver that will explain some of the tools she uses in an oil painting technique. There are several very good free ArtBytes that are filled with information. When you get to the Daily Paintworks web page, look under tutorials. Here is my online gallery at Daily Paintworks.

I've decided to open a shop at Etsy as I will be adding some small watercolors soon. The shop has limited paintings right now but I will load more as I have time. http://www.etsy.com/shop/NancyStandleeArt



Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.



Texas Daily Painter, Torn Paper Collage Painting, small paper painting, square format, high heel collage, mixed media art,  Artists of Texas, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks, Pinterest, Canvas by Canvas, gallery wrapped canvas, Square Painting, Check Advantage, Leslie Saeta 30/30 challenge, Etsy



No comments: