Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pears Oil Paintings for the 30/30 Leslie Saeta September Challenge and a Few Watercolors and Workshops by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

Three Pears 14039
8x16x3/4"
Oil on gallery wrapped canvas 3/4" depth

Pear 14040
10x8 on Linen panel

Truck Yard
Watercolor Moleskine
 Saturday 3 of my girlfriends and I made it over to Dallas for the Urban Sketchers of Texas Meeting at the Truck Yard for a fun afternoon of sketching and people watching. (If you are young and have a dog this is a happening place.) If you would like to join check out this blog site for information. Urban Sketchers



Roses and Lemon 14041
Watercolor 6x8"  on Rtistx board
I thought I'd try my hand at some watercolor and practice on some new boards I got at Rtistx.com and with some wax protection, these can be hung without glass or on a table top easel like below. I am using Renaissance Micro-crystalline was made in England that I purchased from Amazon. Julie Ford Oliver has posted a short video of how she applies it.

Purple Roses 14042
Watercolor 8x6"


If you want some instruction in watercolor and are in the area, Richard Stephens is conducting an October workshop at Artists Showplace Gallery in Dallas.

Suzy and I have sadly cancelled my October sketchbook journaling workshop in her studio. We just didn't have enough to sign up for me to make the 5 or 6 hour drive. I appreciate the ones who were interested and maybe another time, but journal on.

Texas Daily Painter, Oil painting, small oil, still life, roses, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks, Pinterest, Canvas by Canvas, Check Advantage, Journal Workshop, 30/30 Challenge, watercolor, sketchbook journal, pears,
Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge,

Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.

No comments: