Cheerful and Colorful Paintings

Cheerful and Colorful Paintings in Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media and Collage
nancystandlee@sbcglobal.net

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Small Oils in Still Life for the Leslie Saeta 30/30 Challenge, Teapots and Roses and Sketchbook Journaling October Workshop by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

 Roses 14028
10x8, Oil on Canvas Panel

Teapot 14029
Oil, 6x6x1.5 gallery wrapped canvas

 
Roses in Glass 14030
Oil
10x8 canvas panel

In the previous post I mentioned I was painting in the Leslie Saeta 30/30 challenge and in times past I've blogged each day with the images and I've decided you may not want this many posts coming to your inbox and I will combine some of the entries. The Roses were started in a Nancy Franke workshop and needed work that I've now completed. The teapot is from a "peep" lunch at a Fort Worth tearoom where we sketched our lunch in our sketchbook journals. 

If it makes? I'm planning on teaching a 2 day sketchbook journaling class in Plains, TX at my friend's Suzy Powell, Backyard Gallery and Studio, October 17 and 18. Cut off date is September 15 when the decision will be made if it's a go. If you don't live in the area and need a place to stay the Rock'N N Bed and Breakfast is nearby. More about the workshop is on my website at Nancy Standlee. 
Contact Suzy at suzy_pal2000@yahoo.com.

Here are two recent journal entries from the second semester of Sketchbook Skool class.



Yesterday I signed up for the third semester of Sketchbook Skool called Storytelling. Read more about it on the link.

Texas Daily Painter, Oil painting, small oil, still life, roses, teapot, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks, Pinterest, Canvas by Canvas, Check Advantage, Journal Workshop, Sketchbook Skool, 30/30 Challenge, Leslie Saeta, Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge,


Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.

2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Nice to see you in the challenge. Love the roses and I also love teapots so this post was a reaL DELIGHT.

Meredith Adler said...

You are doing wonderful work for the 30 in 30!